I am sucker for paleo Indian recipes, the spices and the exoticness of the cuisine calls to me. When you combine that love with a time saving recipe, you have my attention. I knew when I opened up my copy of Meals Made Simple, I had to make the Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala.
Danielle Walker much anticipated second cookbook, Meals Made Simple , is a packed to the gills with delicious Paleo recipes for those who are looking for quick and easy recipes. She has also taken the guess work out of meal planning and included eight weeks worth of dinner ideas, complete with full shopping lists and recipes for using up leftovers.
Ok, this recipe is meant to go in the slow cooker, something I realized a little too late for dinner time. I followed Danielle’s directions and put it in my tajine and cooked it for 2 hours and it was still 100% awesome. I served it over some cauliflower rice and, let’s just say I had seconds
You know you want this book in your cookbook library, so buy it today!
Also, I have a giveaway for a copy of this cookbook happening on Instagram right now. Click the image and tag a friend on instagram to enter to win.
Full Giveaway Rules:
Disclosures: No Purchase necessary. Giveaway ends September 6th at 11:59 PM PST. Open to Legal Residents (18 years of age or older) of the US only. Prizes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. Winner will be selected by Random.org and be notified by tagging on Instagram. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Instagram is in no way associated with this giveaway.
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups tomato puree
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place the cashews in bowl and cover with water. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Place the chicken, tomato puree, onion, garlic, garam masala, salt, ginger, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the chicken is just about done cooking, drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add ¼ cup of fresh water and blend the cashews into a smooth cream.
- Stir the cashew cream into the chicken right before serving and garnish with the cilantro.