We don’t have a grill. No joke, seriously, every grill we have ever owned has turned into a rust pit after winter so when it comes to whipping up a rack of dry rub pork spare ribs, I have to turn to the oven.
I have two dietary issues to deal with also. Mr. Bejelly does not do well with cooked tomato products and he will have a bought of heartburn if he eats them. We also are really trying to phase out all sugar in our diet as this helps reduce and often eliminate any bouts of heartburn. I have yet to find a barbecue sauce that is tomato free and sugar-free so I invented the following dry rub.
I did swab it down in my Peach BBQ Sauce so be sure to check it out.
Dry Rub Pork Spare Ribs
Author: Kelly Bejelly
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Lightly apply this rub to both sides of your rack until it is well coated. There will be some rub left over which I typically don't apply to the ribs. You can if you would like but it is a strong flavor.
- Next take two sheets of aluminum foil (put meat against the dull side) and sandwich the ribs Place them in your oven to bake for 3 – 3.25 hours.
- The meat should be falling off the bone by the time they are done. You can apply your favorite barbecue sauce on them but we love them as is
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
Grab these delicious, free Paleo recipes!