Every now and then I have the hankering for cinnamon raisin chocolate chip cookies and with my paleo diet it means working with coconut flour or a seed butter as the base. I love sunflower seed butter so I decided to whip up a batch, got a little creative and created this recipe.
The raisins and cinnamon really add a new flavor to the chocolate chip cookies. It almost reminds me of the everything cookie I used to buy from my natural market.
- 1lb of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- Place sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind into a rough nut butter.
- In a separate bowl add your dry ingredients – cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add your liquid ingredients – honey, egg and vanilla – to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the sunflower butter, raisins and dark chocolate chips and mix until your batter is well blended.
- Take a spoonful of the dough and roll into a small ball.
- Place the cookie on your baking sheet and press with a small glass.
- Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes.
- The cookies will be very soft when you remove them from the oven and once cooled will firm up.