I love to tinker in the kitchen and come up with unique Paleo recipes for burgers. Sunday I decided to whip up my favorite burger creation. I’ve experimented with ways to enjoy organ meats without tasting them in the dish. After many failures I came up with this beef and liver recipe burger that is yummy and somehow reminds me of breakfast sausage.
- 1.25 lbs Ground Beef ( I prefer 20% ground beef)
- ¼ lb. Chicken livers
- 1 tsp. Course ground Celtic sea salt (I take Celtic sea salt crystals and grind them in a coffee grinder then measure for 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp. Course ground black pepper (you can add more if you would like)
- 1 tsp. + ½ tsp. Coriander
- 1 tsp. Poultry Seasoning
- ½ medium Red Onion
- In your food processor add your chicken liver and red onion.
- Pulse until it’s a mush.
- Add the Ground beef and all the seasonings.
- Pulse food processor for roughly 1 minute until the mixture is blended. It will be slightly sticky.
- Cook/Grill patties until it reaches your desired doneness (is that a word?).
- Enjoy on a lettuce wrap or almond flour/coconut flour biscuit creation.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
I’ve shared this beef and liver burger recipe in this weeks link up hosted by Real Food Forager. Visit to enjoy some other fabulous real food recipes.