Tasty Beef and Liver Burger Recipe

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on Reddit

Nothing says loving like Liver in the oven. Wait, what?  If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be eating liver once a week and even better, enjoy it, I would have slapped your face and called you a liar.  Ok, maybe I wouldn’t have slapped your face but it is seriously amazing how much my taste buds have changed since I began this diet.

Now, the tricky part of getting your family to eat liver is the flavor.  It’s very rich and minerally and that you have to mask unless you get smart and start acclimating your family to the taste of it.

You know that love to tinker in the kitchen and come up with unique Paleo recipes for burgers.  Sunday I decided to whip up  my a burger creation using chicken liver.   I’ve experimented with ways to enjoy organ meats without tasting them in the dish.  After many failures I came up with this  beef and liver burger recipe that is yummy and somehow reminds me of breakfast sausage.

5.0 from 5 reviews
Tasty Beef and Liver Burger Recipe

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 4
  1. In your food processor add your chicken liver and red onion.
  2. Pulse until it's a mush.
  3. Next add in the ground beef and all the spices.
  4. Pulse he food processor for roughly 1 minute until the mixture is blended.
  5. It will be slightly sticky so you will want to wet your hands before shaping the patties.
  6. Shape the mixture into four 4" wide patties.
  7. Cook/Grill patties until it reaches your desired doneness (is that a word?).
  8. Enjoy on a lettuce wrap or hamburger bun.

© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Grab these delicious, free Paleo recipes!

Comments

1. says

This would be a wonderful recipe for anyone with pastured animal products. It would be most important for woman and other individuals who need an iron boost (great for babies- just cooked meat). I might have to give this one a try for a baby food recipe!

2. says

I would have to do this covertly. There’s NO WAY my boyfriend or son would knowingly eat any liver(s)! **plotting** It does look good, though! Thanks for sharing!

What recipe plugin do you use?

• says

I love this recipe because it really hides the taste of the liver. I want the nutrients but not the taste. I use the easy recipe plugin.

3. Connie says

Hi Bejelly,

Interesting recipe, I would have never thought to add chicken liver. I bet it would taste even better with grass fed beef. Thanks, I’ll give it a try!

4. Isabel Marcus says

What an awesome recipe!!! It is pretty simple, but yet the outcome looks so yummy. I will have to prepare that sometime.

5. says

OK, I’m making this tonight for myself for dinner while hubby is working late. I’m a little tired of eating chicken livers by themselves and need to get my iron levels up before the birth of this baby. Thanks so much!

• Kelly Bejelly says

Thanks Jenn! I hope that you like it. We just had this for dinner last night. If you don’t mind the taste of liver you can increase the amount in the recipe. I’ve noticed that I enjoy the irony taste more now than when I first starting eating them.

6. says

I love your recipes, except you lost me on this one at “liver.” I will be back though – I don’t want to miss out on your other fabulous recipes.

Trackbacks