Paleo Salmon Cakes Recipe

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on Reddit
Get F R E E Kindle Books Here.

When I moved to the Pacific Northwest, I had no idea what Salmon was.  Heck, I couldn’t even pronounce it and called it “Sal Mond” until a kind friend told me what was up.   Of course, it seem every time I turn around there are a host of words with pronunciations that make no sense in Oregon.

I am not into fish and Salmon has one of the strongest flavors but I somehow managed to fall in love with my paleo salmon Cakes recipe.

This recipe is 100% grain-free  and picky eater approved.   I love topped  these with a spritz of lemon and some homemade mayo.

4.8 from 9 reviews
G/F Paleo Salmon Cakes

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 3
  1. In a bowl break the salmon up with a fork and add the diced onion, celery and spices.
  2. Mix in the coconut flour and combine thoroughly.
  3. Next add in the eggs and mix for roughly one minute.
  4. Set your burner to medium high and add your coconut oil to a large skillet.
  5. Shape the mixture in to 5 patties, roughly 2" wide.
  6. Add the patties to your pan and cook until the sides are golden brown, roughly 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
  7. Enjoy!

© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Full Time Mama

Grab these delicious, free Paleo recipes!

Comments

1. says

I dont think I’ve ever seen canned salmon before (though I am not a fish person so I can’t say I’ve looked really hard for it either). ;) This looks like something my husband would LOVE though!
    Thanks so much for linking up! =)

2. Patti says

**Full Time Mama, Costco is selling it right now, canned wild alaskan salmon! You can also find it at Trader Joes if you live near one.

Thanks for the recipe, I just found your site and this is what’s for dinner tonight!!

3. Rebeca says

I made these last night! We loved them!!
    The only difference: subbed parsley for dill (we had some growing outside so it was handy), AND I cooked on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes – flipping midway through – so I didn’t have to monitor them in the frying pan (used the time to make a salad)…I also think oven cooking takes less oil (just spray the cookie sheet).
    Having again for lunch! Love them!!!

4. Margie says

Made these tonight, with the 14.5 oz can from Aldi’s. Doubled all other ingredients, and wow! Very pleased. Thanks for the recipe.

5. says

I catch and can my own salmon all summer so I have CASES of it! I have ALWAYS made salmon patties, but I used to make them with bread crumbs. I just recently started eating grain, sugar and dairy free and so happy to get some inspiration to recreate my beloved salmon patty recipe! :)
    Thanks

6. Carisa says

Huge success!! We were out of celery so I added some green onion and tripled it for a hungry family of 6 also added spome cracked pepper! Everyone loved it! Thanks for the great recipe!

7. Kelly says

These…. were….fabulous! I doubled the recipe and made 10 salmon patties. Our non-paleo teenagers had no idea this was a special recipe until afterwards. They gobbled them up and begged for more. This is definitely a keeper! Thank you so very much. :)

• Kelly Bejelly says

Linda, I do not eat grains. You need something to help thicken the recipe, which the coconut flour does. If you eat grains you could do any flour and it should work.

8. says

hi! do you think almond flour would work ok instead of coconut? i’m not a fan of coconut flour, although i know it’s super healthy and i wish i was :)

9. Robin says

One six ounce can or one 16 ounce can? Friend just made them and had trouble getting them to stick together

10. Beth says

Made these tonight, just delicious! Increased salt to 1/2 teaspoon, exactly the same otherwise. Delicate, needed two pancakes flippers to flip, worked beautifully. Will definitely make these again! Thank you for sharing.

Trackbacks