When I moved to the Pacific Northwest, I had no idea what Salmon was. Heck, I couldn’t even pronounce it and called it “Sal Mond” until a kind friend told me what was up. Of course, it seem every time I turn around there are a host of words with pronunciations that make no sense in Oregon.
I am not into fish and Salmon has one of the strongest flavors but I somehow managed to fall in love with my paleo salmon Cakes recipe.
This recipe is 100% grain-free and picky eater approved. I love topped these with a spritz of lemon and some homemade mayo.
- In a bowl break the salmon up with a fork and add the diced onion, celery and spices.
- Mix in the coconut flour and combine thoroughly.
- Next add in the eggs and mix for roughly one minute.
- Set your burner to medium high and add your coconut oil to a large skillet.
- Shape the mixture in to 5 patties, roughly 2" wide.
- Add the patties to your pan and cook until the sides are golden brown, roughly 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.