Growing up my favorite foods were spam, fried bologna with mayo sandwiches and corn dogs. I love to tinker in the kitchen and recreate the foods that loved when I ate grains so, of course, paleo corn dogs were at the top of my list.
With summer around the corner, I busted out my recipe and whipped up a batch for dinner tonight. I hope that you enjoy them.
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp of Coconut Flour
- 4 tbsp of Arrowroot Flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp of Milk
- 1 egg
- 6 hot dogs
- coconut oil for frying
- Pre-boil the hot dogs. This is not necessary but with the Applegate Farms All Beef hot dogs, it really improves the flavor.
- Add the coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt to a bowl and blend well
- In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, honey, egg and milk.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- The batter will be rather thick but it’s necessary so that it will stick to the hot dogs.
- Drop the hot dogs into the batter and coat on all sides. I will “dunk” them into the batter and let them sit for a couple of seconds. Use a spoon to help coat them and remove from the batter.
- I roll them around several times to get a nice thick coating and scoop them up with a spoon so I can get more batter on the bottom of them.
- Drop the corn dog in the hot oil and brown on both sides.
- One side may be prettier than the other but they still taste excellent.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.