Paleo Apple Fritters Recipe

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on RedditEmail this to someone

PALEO DESSERT

I recently discovered tapioca flour and while I know it falls into the cheat group, I’m in love with using it for pizza dough and other “bread-like” recipes.   The thing I miss most being grain-free is donuts.   While trying to create a donut recipe, I stumbled on to another sweet favorite – apple fritters.

Another lovely thing about this paleo dessert is that it is a nut free recipe.  I know I’ve done something right when Mr. Bejelly asks me to make something more than three times.  We really enjoy the paleo apple fritters with coffee.

5.0 from 6 reviews
Paleo Apple Fritters Recipe

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: dessert
Serves: 12 - 15 fritters
  1. Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, cardamom, cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg to a mixing bowl.
  2. Next add the milk, eggs, honey and butter and mix with a spoon
  3. Now add in the shredded apple and stir thoroughly.
  4. Grab two spoons and scoop the batter into one spoon and press it with the other spoon to keep it flat. You want flatter fritters so that they cook all the way through.
  5. Drop the fritter in the hot oil and cook until golden brown on both sides.
  6. Let the fritters rest for one minute and then serve immediately. They are best when hot!
Notes
Recipe created by Kelly Bejelly

© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Grab these delicious, free Paleo recipes!

Comments

1. says

These sound wonderful. I’ve never heard of Tapioca flour. It’s always nice when I find new things to work with. Hopefully I can find it somewhere around where I live

• says

I just discovered it. It gives foods a springy texture so I’m exploring the possibilities. I hope you find some so you can enjoy this recipe.

2. says

YUM! Sounds amazing and I can actually eat all of the ingredients. I have never deep fried anything the bubbling oil scares me a little but these sound absolutely amazing and might just get me to do it. Thank you for sharing.

• says

It looks like a tasty recipe but I have a nut allergy so that leaves me with coconut flour as the main flour I can use. Thanks for sharing.

3. Stephanie KL says

Is there a substitute for cardamom? I know only a small amount is used here but it is brutally expensive. If there is no substitute, would it alter the flavor a great deal if it were to be omitted?

4. Rachael says

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. My fritters didn’t stay together at all when frying them. Any idea what could have caused this? My dough was pretty runny, so maybe I didn’t measure the flours correctly?? Did you pack the flour?

• Rachael says

OMG. I just realized I misread my conversion chart and added twice the amount of butter that the recipe called for. That must have been what caused my problem. I will definitely try this recipe again because even with them falling apart and having too much butter they were still good!

5. Chris says

These look delicious, but I do have one question: how much oil do you fry these in? In other words, what depth of oil should be in the pan?

6. Denise B. says

These were delicious! I made chunks of apple instead of shredding it and substituted coconut sugar for the honey and they came out great. I didn’t bother flattening them. I just fried them for 2 minutes or less per side and everything came out fully cooked and delicious!!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe. It was a great treat after nearly 2 years without a doughnut type treat!

Trackbacks