Ginger is one of my favorite spices. Not only can it be pungent but it also pairs amazingly well with sweets. My mom used to make Ginger Chicken for us once a week and after recreating the dish, I remember why I love it so much. It’s an easy paleo chicken recipe using only 10 ingredients but it packs a punch of awesomeness.
The recipe creates a tasty gingery sauce that you will want to
hoard share and spoon upon the chicken legs. It’s amazing that so many of the Filipino recipes that I grew up eating are Paleo. I hope that you enjoy it!
- Combine the coconut oil, chopped yellow onion and ginger in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place your chicken legs in the skillet and add your seasonings. Cover with a lid.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to cook covered for 35 - 40 minutes.
- The chicken legs will release water creating a gingery sauce. Throw in the red onion for the last 3 minutes.
- For more color on the chicken remove them from the skillet and broil for 3 - 5 minutes and return to the pan.
- Top with chopped green onion and enjoy!
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
To find more recipes check out this linkup of recipes shared by fellow bloggers.