Blazes it’s hot. When it gets this hot all I want to do if put my feet up, order take out and enjoy an ice-cold drink. You know me, I like to mess about in the kitchen so I was thinking of what I could do with my absolute favorite berry – the raspberry. How could I kick it up a notch and I immediately thought of Coconut water and all the amazing benefits it would provide in this blistering 89 degree weather and my icee was born.
A couple of notes. I froze the coconut water in ice trays, crushed it in the blender and then added the syrup to the cup. I didn’t just dump everything in the blender, which you can totally do, but if you want to mix it up and have different syrup flavor options – do what I did. Also, if you want to turn this into an adult beverage, I recommend Tequila. I hope you enjoy the first of many cold drinks I plan to share.
- 35oz Coconut Water
- 2 cups of Raspberries
- 1 medium lime
- 1 tbsp of honey – optional
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- A few frozen raspberries to top the drinks
- Set aside 1 cup of coconut water and freeze the rest in ice cube trays.
- Put the coconut water, raspberries, the juice of half of the lime, cinnamon in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes and taste the sauce.
- Add the honey if necessary and place in a jar and set it in the fridge to chill.
- Remove the coconut water ice cubes – they will be sticky – and place in a blender and crush it.
- Add the crushed ice to a cup and then spoon the raspberry syrup on top. Top with frozen raspberries and slices of lime.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.