I’m a bit of a klutz and it has forced me to step away from pretty things like porcelain plates and antique glass jars because 9 times out of 10, I’m going to break it within the first month. I wan’t surprised when I completely destroyed my glass french press but I was tired of replacing the glass every two years so I went searching for something better and found the Bodum Columbia 4 Cup Stainless Steel French Press.
Bodum is a company synonymous with high quality coffee making products. I’ve owned their Santos Vacuum Coffee Maker and several of their glass french presses over the years and I am a huge fan. In addition to this they make a wide assortment of items from tea makers, tabletops, kitchen, storage and home and office products.
- The french press is double walled and keeps coffee hot for up to 2 hours.
- It’s easy to clean and you can safely clean it in a dishwasher.
- It’s made of stainless steel and unbreakable!!!
- The plunger is a nice tight fit and keeps the grounds out of your coffee.
- It only makes 17 oz at a time. Mr. Bejelly and I drink roughly 12 oz of coffee each day so that means we have to make two pots for us to each get our fix. If you are big coffee drinker I recommend going up to their 8 cup size.
My first cup was piping hot. Way hotter than I’m used to from a french press and seriously I knew then that this was love. I also really love the design of the french press. It reminds me of Mrs. Potts from “Beauty and the Beast” and all that she represents – homey, comfortable and efficient. If you are in the market for a stainless steel french press than I highly recommend this one!
The Bodum Columbia 4 cup French Press retails for $60.