I was recently inspired by a friend’s freezer meal prepping post and thought how lovely it would be do a bunch of paleo freezer meals for the days I feel like giving up and going to get take out. I already make use of my crock pot once a week but the convenience of a put together meal sounds like nirvana.
A couple quick tips about freezing meals.
- Make sure the food is completely cooled before you throw in the freezer.
- Plastic bags work better as you don’t have to worry about them breaking (like glass jars) and they don’t take up much room.
- Try to get out all the air if you’re going to use plastic bags.
- Label the bag with the date so you’re not eating 2 year old freezer meals that taste like freezer burn. It’s best to eat this meals within a 3 month time period.
- Defrost before reheating!
Here are twenty dishes to get you started on your Paleo freezer meal journey:
P.S. Take a look at this Paleo Meal Plan. It takes your beyond normal meal plans and teaches you how to prep a week of meals in a hour!