I was recently inspired by Kathleen’s 25 Meals in 4 1/2 Hours – Freezer to Crockpot Monthly Cooking! post and thought how lovely it would be do a bunch of freezer meals for the days I feel like giving up and going to get take out. I already make use of my crock pot once a week but the convenience of a put together meal sounds like nirvana.
A couple quick tips about freezing meals.
- Make sure the food is completely cooled before you throw in the freezer.
- Plastic bags work better as you don’t have to worry about them breaking (like glass jars) and they don’t take up much room.
- Try to get out all the air if you’re going to use plastic bags.
- Label the bag with the date so you’re not eating 2 year old freezer meals that taste like freezer burn. It’s best to eat this meals within a 3 month time period.
- Defrost before reheating!
Here are seven dishes to get you started on your Paleo freezer meal journey:
Paleo Freezer Meals
|Monday – Hunger Games Lamb Stew with Dried Plums|
|Tuesday – Apple Cider-Glazed Turkey Meatballs|
|Wednesday -Pizza Casserole|
|Thursday – Pineapple Teriyaki Pork|
|Friday - Honey & Spice Glazed Pork Chops|
|Saturday -Roasted Poblano and Pumpkin Chili|
|Sunday – Harvest-Spiced Chicken Stew|