I have been hemming and hawing all week about what to share this week. Inspiration left me so I turned to Facebook to see what people were missing on the Paleo diet and Carrie S was kind enough to share that breads and cookies were high on her list. I tried my first attempt at a Paleo flat bread and it was a complete and utter failure. I’ll keep working on that but I had some walnuts in my cupboard calling me. Saying “Kelly turn me into something tempting” and I did. I created a Paleo Sweet Potato Biscuit. I seriously love this recipe. My son and I gobbled them down and I had to make another batch to take photos. I didn’t soak the walnuts which was bad but oh man they were worth it. Also, I’ll be sharing a tutorial later this week on how I soak and dehydrate nuts.
- 1 cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 small sweet potato
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 egg
- Grind the walnuts in your food processor until you get a flour.
- In a small bowl add the ground walnuts, baking soda, salt and coconut flour and mix thoroughly.
- Peel and shop the sweet potato and boil until soft. Take ½ cup of the mashed sweet potato and add the ghee and blend. Let it cool slightly and then add in the egg.
- Add the sweet potato to the flour and mix. The mixture should be slightly wet and sticky.
- You can either grab a small amount and do drop biscuits or pat out on to a piece of parchment paper and cut into circles. You will have to use a spatula to move the dough to a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 12 – 15 minutes.
- This will make 6 small biscuits roughly 2″ round and half an inch tall.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.