I love me some mushrooms but Mr. Bejelly has never been a huge fan. Some of my favorite college memories revolve around large quantities of beer and batter fried mushrooms. I wanted another fun appetizer for my holiday meal and figured it was time to work on a recipe. This is super simple but oh so delicious.
- 12 Crimini mushrooms
- ¼ cup of diced onion
- ¼ cup of diced Granny smith apples
- ¼ cup of diced mushroom stems
- ¼ cup of finely shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup of crushed pork rinds
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- Remove the stem from the Crimini mushrooms and dice the stems for the filling.
- Combine the onions, apple, stems, swiss cheese and sea salt and mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the mushrooom caps and top with the crushed pork rinds.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.