I am so done with sugar. Seriously, I can’t even think about eating anything sweeter than a lemon at this point. Good thing I’ve wrapped up the recipes for my dessert e-book and can concentrate on finally whittling these last pounds off and getting healthier. So in that vein, here is a super simple paleo chicken nugget recipe that is sugar-free and low carb.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
I tried to take more photos of these nuggets but my son and husband destroyed them. Literally 10 minutes after they were out of the oven they were eaten.
These bake up nice and crispy just like a traditional chicken nugget. They also reheat really well if you manage to have leftovers. Just put them in the oven on 250 for 10 minutes or so.
If you don’t want to use pork rinds you can also try using crumbled sweet potato or cassava chips for the final breading. I hope you like them as much as we do!
- ¾ lb of chicken, cut into nugget sized bites
- ½ tsp of Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ bag of pork rind, crushed into crumbs – this is easier to do in a food processor.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of water
- In a medium bowl place your cut up chicken pieces and then add in your salt, pepper, onion powder and coconut flour and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl crack your egg and mix in the water to make an egg wash.
- On a small plate place your crushed pork rinds.
- Take one chicken nugget and quickly dip it egg wash then roll it in pork rind crumbs.
- Place on your greased baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake in your oven for 20 minutes at 365 degrees