Mac and Cheese is one of the things I miss on the Paleo diet. There is nothing more comforting and reminds me more of home than this dish so I knew I had to come up with a recipe.
Now, Mr. Bejelly is picky and a texture person. He will not eat anything that is soft so I could not use cauliflower. I decided to try out Jicama and it really gives this dish a sweet crispy texture that can’t be beat and works well with all the dairy in this recipe.
This reheats wonderfully and the smell is just heavenly when it’s baking away in your oven. Even with Spring approaching the smell just took me back to Fall. I hope you like it!
- ½ cup of creme fraiche
- ½ cup of half and half
- 2 tbsp of yellow mustard
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 lb of Jicama, cut into ¼ x ¼ x 1 pieces
- ½ cup of minced onion
- 3 cups of shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In a medium bowl add the creme fraiche, half and half, sea salt, black pepper and yellow mustard.
- Mix until combined.
- Next add in the onion and jicama and coat well.
- Lastly add in the shredded cheese and combine until well blended.
- Scoop the mixture into a small greased baking pan and bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.