I didn’t have a muffin until I was a teenager. My Filipina mother had no idea what a muffin was at the time but somehow we finally managed to get her to buy some Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from the bakery in the commissary.
Please believe my sisters, brother and I demolished that package in 2 seconds flat. I barely remember the flavor only that it was good and sweet. I had forgotten about this recipe but I’m so glad I was able to piece it together again. The flavor and texture remind me of that first time all over again.
This paleo muffin is so moist with the perfect hint of sweet and lemon. I ate three and thankfully my son and husband polished off the rest. You can bake this directly in your muffin tin. To do this simply grease the pan well and reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda and poppy seeds.
- In a small pan on your stove top, melt the coconut oil. Next add in the lemon juice and rind and keep warm for 1 minute to help release the oils from the rind.
- Then add in the vanilla and honey and let cool.
- Lastly add the milk and eggs to the liquid mixture and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake at 325 for 20 – 25 mnutes.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.