Paleo Banana Chocolate Pancakes

Paleo Chocolate Banana Pancakes

Last week, I seriously felt like I was a cursed cook.  Everything I made came out burned, off and tasting too strong of spices.   We ate out a lot and my recipe prep for the week was just as hazardous.  I was thinking this was a sign from the Universe to simply throw in the towel and just skip the week but I woke up earlier this morning, yes, this morning and starting tinkering with a paleo pancake recipe  I’ve been working on for a while that never worked until today.   I won’t lie, I prayed a  little that is would finally come out right and thank goodness, it did and it is good.  Light and filling and just a hint of sweetness.

I’m nut-free so I used sunbutter and it gives it a strange green color so I figured why not throw some cocoa in there.  I only used one ripe banana to sweeten it and it works for me but if you want top it with honey or maple syrup do so and  dig in.  Because the batter  is so thick, I’m sure it would also work well as waffles.

Paleo Chocolate Banana Pancakes

5.0 from 6 reviews
Paleo Banana Chocolate Pancakes

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 5
  1. Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
  2. Place ½ teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan to grease the pan.
  3. This batter is super thick so use a spoon to help pour out a 4" round. Shake the pan lightly to thin the batter in the pan.
  4. Cook on one side for roughly 3 - 4 minutes and flip when the edges turn dark brown.
  5. Repeat until your batter is gone.
  6. Enjoy.

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Comments

1. says

Hello there, we miss you over at FastPaleo.com. Would you consider uploading some more of your recipes? I’d also love to include you in our June newsletter and do a blogger shoutout to you on Facebook. Hope to see your name pop up there soon!

• says

Man, what was going on with the stars and planets last week. I hope you’re back on track hun and I’m so happy this one came out or I would have be SOL, lol

2. Manon says

Great recipe, they are delicious. Next time I will make coconut whipped ”cream” to go with them..

3. says

I also had some recipe fails, but thankfully rounded off the week with a good one at last!

The green you get sometimes with Sunbutter is a reaction with baking soda / powder and the leftover chlorophyll in the seeds. It’s kind of neat – if you’re expecting it! :)

4. says

Baked good made with sunflower seeds turn green due to the the chlorogenic acid that is in sunflower seeds reacting with baking soda; however you have no baking soda or baking powder listed in your ingredient list. Should there be some type of leavening agent?

5. Rachelle says

Hi,
    I’ve just discovered your site and I have to say I love it. I just started eating a paleo lifestyle and was having trouble coming up with breakfast recipes but not anymore :)

For this pancake recipe could I use almond butter instead sunflower butter?

6. dana palessen says

i used your waffles recipe and made crepes with it. so yummy. I filled it with dark chocolate sauce, berries I had picked from our local forest near mount adams and topped it with more sauce and real whipped cream from raw milk. yummy beyond words.

Trackbacks