Ok, I had no idea what in the world to call this and Mr. Bejelly and I debated over this recipe for a good hour before I pulled an executive move and called it a paleo soft cracker. The main argument was can you call something a cookie when it’s not sweet? This is not sweet. Yes, it has a lovely blueberry flavor and it’s soft and gingery at the same time but it is not sweet. You could kick up the sweetness by putting some sort of fruit preserves on it or even better a cream cheese like frosting made with honey but I don’t do sugar anymore so I can’t take you down that path. Don’t add honey or maple syrup to the cookie as it will mess up how it bakes, ok.
Anyhow, these are lovely. They work great with tea and we all ended up calling it a different thing. Mr. Bejelly keep saying muffin or a scone. I thought cookie or cracker and the Little just kept saying “more”. I’m really excited to share that these are dairy-free and egg-free too. You will want to roll this pretty thin though – 1/4″ is perfect and they make a nice snack when you’re out and about and running errands.
- In a food processor or your Blendtec add the coconut shreds, chia seed and ginger powder. Pulse until you have a flour - roughly 1 minute in Blendtec - 3 -4 minutes in your food processor.
- Add you ripe banana and blueberries and mix until you have a dough.
- Roll the dough out between two piece of parchment paper and use your cookie cutter to cut the shapes. You can also just take a pinch of dough and roll out the cookies and press them flat with a glass.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.