Paleo Pretzel Dogs

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on Reddit

Paleo Pretzel Dogs

Mr. Bejelly has asked me to make Paleo Pretzel Dogs  for weeks and, well, I put him off and off until he put down his foot down.  The man hid my tablet until I made them.  Mr. Meany that he is, he should be glad that I’m a kind soul, and that I didn’t put too much salt in them to teach him a lesson.

Anyhow, this recipe uses my Paleo Soft Pretzel recipe as the crust and the only thing I would do differently is increase the cook time of the recipe so that the dough is firmer.

My son gobbled them down and begged for more.  These would make the perfect school lunch for your kid and I plan to make these often for the Little when he heads to school.

Paleo Pretzel  Dogs

4.7 from 10 reviews
Paleo Pretzel Dogs

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 5
  1. Make the Paleo Soft Pretzel recipe and instead of rolling the dough into pretzel shapes wrap around the hot dog as shown.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes
  3. Enjoy!

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Grab these delicious, free Paleo recipes!

Comments

1. kristy says

Do you think i could make the dough the day before wrap some hotdogs and refridgerate or freeze until its time to cook?

2. CHRISSY says

This were not at all what we were expecting, and really were not very good. They were very very very dry, and pretty tasteless. My kids wouldn’t touch them, and I’m sad to have wasted so many expensive ingredients. :(

3. Manda says

I’m so glad to find this recipe! As I was scrounging around in my freezer today I found a package of Applegate hot dogs and thought “What am I going to do with these???” The kids won’t eat them plain and I’ve yet to find a good Paleo hot dog bun recipe. I’ll be trying these this weekend! :D

4. Tamara says

My dough is so crumbly :( I added an extra egg AND some water. I don’t have a processor, it just broke and I haven’t been able to find a suitable replacement. I don’t want to waste this dough. It’s wrapped in the parchment in the fridge. Help!??!

5. Steve says

These are so good, I’ve made them twice now. Once with Applegate dogs and once with another brand, name slips my mind. When I made them with the off brand, the dogs dried up. They were edible but just dry. The second time I made them, with the applegate brand I also decreased the cooking time down to 25 minutes. They came out so much more juicy then the first time. I’m not sure if it was because of the brand or if it was the reduced cooking time.

Either way the pretzels themselves were delicious. The second time around I also sprinkled some onion powder garlic powder and oregano as well.

6. says

I made these today for my 12 year old and his best bud as an after school treat. They both snarfed them up and then asked for more! This recipe is a HIT in my book. I was glad to have watched your video first though, made everything go really smoothly. THANKS!

Trackbacks