Easy Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream

Easy Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I lucked out and found a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for $29 at Marshall’s.  Yeah, I squealed with happiness and snatched that thing off the shelf faster than the Little attacks a bowl of grapes – which is fast  I tell you.  Anyhow, I seriously cannot remember the last time I had ice cream, which is sad because I have wanted to dig into a bowl for the last couple months.

Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream

Now, I wanted to start the kick-off of my first ice cream recipe by sharing something super easy that takes less than 5 minutes to blend up and only 15 minutes to freeze.   We love this recipe and thankfully, I had some Non-Paleo friends visiting and they were able to try it.  They loved it and asked for seconds.

4.8 from 10 reviews
Easy Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 3
  1. In a blender add the full fat coconut milk, bananas and cacao powder. Blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Taste it. If you'd like it sweeter add the maple syrup.
  2. Place in your ice cream maker and churn for 15 minutes or until done.
  3. Enjoy!

paleo chocolate ice cream that is also vegan

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Grab these delicious, Free Paleo recipes!

Comments

1. says

Is there a way to make it without banana? Hubs is dairy-free and misses his ice cream but he can’t stand banana. He’s so weird.

• says

You could pour it into a container with a lid and freeze overnight – don’t mess with it. Then the next day, let it thaw slightly – it will be pretty firm – and enjoy!

2. TIna says

This one sounds delicious… I’ve made mij own stracciatella last week. Just 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk, 1/3 core of a vanillabean and agave syrup ( or other) about 30 ml.
    In the ice-creammaker and after 10 minutes add chocolate pieces ( drops or crushed bar) to the amount you like. I added about 20/25 grams. It was heaven.. you do taste the coconut a it, but that makes it more tropical i think..

3. says

Ice cream is such a “go overboard” food for me that it is probably best I don’t own an ice cream maker. I do love that your recipe is so easy and, of course, you can never go wrong with chocolate!

4. says

Ahhhh, I just got rid of my ice cream maker because it was way too heavy to move (I had a commercial one) and I had no room to put it. Now I want one. I’m totally going to check out Marshall’s to see if I can snag such a great deal too!

5. Jennifer says

“I lucked out and found a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for $29 at Marshall’s.”

Wow, I hate you right now. But I’m keeping this recipe for later anyway!

• kez says

I churned for 15 mins but still running and then 20 mins and still runny, so I had to put it in the freezer for few hours and still not the hardest. My friend did the same and hers is not going hard consistency either. I was hoping it was something you could churn and then eat straight away? It is delicious though.

6. corrina says

This looks great. I’m totally shopping around for an ice cream maker now. Just one question. Do you taste the bananas in the ice cream? I love the idea of chocolate ice cream, but am leery of the bananas. Thanks!

7. saddie says

Looks great and so easy too. I am going to try it now. Do u think I could use honey instead of maple syrup?

8. Julia says

I made this three times now, used stevia. Once made it ss your recipe, next time added fresh cherries and last time I added strawberries. Oh, and I dont have a ice cream maker, i left it overnight in the freezer, couldnt get my spoon in it lol. Left it out for about an hour on the counter, jeez that was hard to do. It was delicious all ways and so quick and easy. We all loved it

Trackbacks

1. […] 2. Easy Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream Let’s get down to basics. Chocolate ice cream is undoubtedly one of the most popular single-flavored ice creams out there, and shares company only with vanilla and strawberry. We’ll cover strawberry next, but first let’s pay homage to chocolate. If you ever get the hankering for a bowl of chocolate ice cream on a hot summer’s day, this will allow you to partake in it without forsaking your Paleo eating desires. That’s because it’s using coconut milk, bananas, and cacao powder in just the right amounts to pull it off and fool you into thinking you’re having the real thing. […]