Friday at 12:01 a.m., I woke up and drank a glass of maple syrup and chased it with an entire 85% dark chocolate candy bar. Then I put on my apron strings and made ice cream cookies and ate ever single one of them. Ok, yeah, that didn’t happen.
A couple of things I learned from the 21 Days Sugar Detox:
1) I need to stick as close to the diet as possible. Sugar and me are like oil and vinegar.
2) I need to eat more vegetables. I’m like the kid who licked broccoli and said I ate it. I’m going to strive to eat veggies 2x a day.
3) This diet is an excellent reset and will help you “see” those cheats you have let into your diet.
I did lose inches which I’m happy about.
So to finish up my 21 Day Sugar Detox journey I’m going to share the simplest of recipes that just ROCKED. I ate 2 bananas and wanted more but yeah, carbs right?
- 1 green tipped banana, sliced
- ¼ cup of coconut oil, liquid
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat your coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the sliced of banana and fry for 2 -3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon powder
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.