Pumpkin Granola

paleo pumpkin granola

Ok, I’m going to be honest.  When I started to create this recipe following the principles of the 21 Day Sugar Detox, I thought it was going to suck.  I know.  Also, I’m not huge into pumpkin.  However, I realize now that I love pumpkin when it’s fresh roasted.  Lord, what a difference in flavor.  The flavor difference is similar to eating a tomato fresh from the garden and one you can buy from the grocery store in the middle of winter.  Even my husband ate a couple of handfuls, which shocked me to the core, since he hates pumpkin.

paleo pumpkin granola

Anyhow, this recipe is super simple and is nut-free and vegan to boot.   If you’d like to kick up the sweetness I recommend adding 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.

5.0 from 5 reviews
Pumpkin Granola

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 10
  1. Place the pumpkin puree, vanilla, salt, melted coconut oil and pumpkin spice in a bowl and mix.
  2. Then add in the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds and blend until well coated.
  3. Pour this onto a baking sheet and spread evenly.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes.
  5. Let sit out for 30 minutes and enjoy!

paleo pumpkin granola

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

Comments

1. says

I’ve never actually roasted a pumpkin myself but I can imagine how amazing the taste difference is. I would totally love to dive into this, not too much though because I can’t handle THAT much pumpkin taste.

2. says

You’re so right! Fresh pumpkin tastes completely different to me. I like this idea and want to try it. But, I generally want to try everything you post! Have you considered doing a Paleo cooking show? I would so watch that! ;) Seriously. You’d be perfect.

3. says

Oh my pumpkiny goodness, this looks awesome! And just in time because I’m giving up honey and maple syrup for a few weeks. I’m making it today! Thank you :)
    Eliza

4. says

I don’t know if I should admit this, but I’ve never roasted a pumpkin! Some food blogger, huh? I think I need to remedy that this year, and then maybe make some granola with the fruit of my labor. :) Thanks for a fun, healthy recipe!

5. Natasha says

I am a little confused on the steps in the recipe. Do you mean “blend” on the pumpkin, oil, spice, etc, then “mix in a bowl” with the seeds & coconut? Iris backwards (I think?) in the recipe. Can you clarify? Thanks!

6. says

I made this last night (even though my house was sweltering hot). Yummy!

Today I walked into the kitchen and was “munching” while I decided on what to eat for lunch. I still had some granola in my mouth when I took a bite of grilled chicken. YUMMY!! So I tossed some chicken chunks and granola in a bowl and garnished it with cilantro. Even more yummy! Weird combo, but a taste bud pleaser :)

Trackbacks

1. […] Ok, let’s get down to Paleo! While browsing Pinterest I found a paleo granola. I thought when I started this lifestyle that I couldn’t swallow down a large spoonful of cereal with icy, cold milk ever again. But do not believe the lies! This recipe has reintroduced another breakfast food into my life! Let us all rejoice! You can find the recipe here: http://www.agirlworthsaving.net/2013/11/paleo-pumpkin-granola.html […]