There are some situations in life where food becomes a haven. It’s a been a rough week for the Bejelly household as we lost our beloved friend and dog, Yuki. I don’t normally go into the ins and outs of everything that happens in my home. I prefer to let the recipes be the shining star of my site however I just could not pretend everything was happy cakes and normal in this post.
Yuki was my first dog. My husband and I found him at the Humane Society when he was 6 months old. He was awesome. Sweet, smart and somehow crazy at the same time. He loved the Little at first sight even though his experience with children was limited. He was 11 and suffering from Cancer and we had no idea how quickly he would go downhill.
When I came up with this recipe I was thinking of him. I didn’t just want photos and memories to serve as reminder of the years that he graced our lives. I wanted a recipe that comforted me the way that he did.
Ok, this is all rather depressing for such a lovely recipe but I am a firm believer in celebrating the love that graced your life. I made this with love for Yuki and I’m just happy that it came out as delicious as it did.
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup of ghee
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup of honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ 85% Dark Chocolate Bar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the fudgy crust combine the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be really sticky.
- Pour this into a grease 8" round baking dish and you will have to use a wet a spoon to spread the crust throughout the pan.
- In another small add the eggs, honey, sea salt, ghee and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the pecans to coat and the pour this on top of the fudgy crust.
- Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate sauce, in a pan warm the coconut oil and half of the chocolate bar until completely melted. Pour over the pecan bars and let chill to set.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website